Sunday, October 9, 2011

the lost.

Today is one of those days where I have so much love for others around me that I can do nothing but smile. The unconditional love that Christ calls us to have. You may say, "one of those days?". Well, yes. I'm being honest... I am hardly able to go very long without judging someone. But today is different, and I am so thankful. I prayed this morning that I would die to my flesh, as I do every day. And the Word this morning was teaching me to love, and that is the greatest commandment. Why is it so hard, then? We each have our own struggles. It's easy for me to love Africa. It's easy for me to love the orphan. But what about the visitor in church who straggles in late with wet hair, doesn't bow her head during prayer, and falls asleep before the pastor even gets a Verse read? No, it is not natural for me to love that person. But today, I did. I love her. And I prayed for her with a clean heart. Did I do this by my own good works? Lord knows...no way. I could never. If I can't do this on my own, simply loving my neighbor, then how could I have come to Christ on my own? I did not. Christ chose me before the foundations of the earth. He chose me, and sought me. He found me, because the Father gave me to Him. And Christ will hold me till the end. He is the Good Shepherd..I was His lost sheep..He found me where I was..He saved me. Nothing that I do will make Him let go of me. Glory be to God that my salvation is not dependent of my doings. Nor is your salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment